CIARA’s Internet Policy
CIARA Respects your Privacy
Type and Uses of Personal Information
Your personal information is used in the following ways :
• User IDs and Passwords- Provide you with access to your profile areas and to protected content.
• Account Information- Tells us more about who you are, how to contact you, and your shipping/billing information. Also contains any preferences you have provided, such as language, e-mail format and interests.
• Customer Feedback and Support- Provides a mechanism for requesting information from CIARA.
Also used to tell us how we can improve our products, services and site designs.
• E-mail Correspondence- Used to raise and respond to issues and inquiries of all types. It is also used to distribute information about CIARA, our products, and services.
• Transactions- Show which products and services you have requested.
We will only use your personal information in the ways specified when it was collected. We will not
Subsequently change the way in which we use your personal information, unless you consent to the new
We protect the personal information you share with us. For example, if you make an online purchase with us, we use SSL protocol to encrypt your credit card number. Access to your personal information is limited to people who need it to do their job.
CIARA will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
Linked Web Sites
We provide links to third-party sites. Since we do not control these Web sites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) third-party sites.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our systems.
CIARA encourages parents to go online with their kids. Here are a few tips to help make a child's online experience safer:
• Teach kids never to give personal information, unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult.
Includes name, address, phone, school, etc.
• Know the sites your kids are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
• Look for Web site privacy policies. Know how your child's information is treated.
Check out the FTC's site (1) for more tips on protecting children's privacy online.
If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still access most of our Web sites. Some Web sites will not allow you to complete certain activities if cookies are disabled. For example, our consumer ecommerce site uses session cookies and persistent cookies to process transactions. If you do not accept cookies, the associated shopping bag will not work and you would not be able to order.
We may display advertisements from third parties. Third-party ad-serving companies control which ads are shown. These ad-serving companies may use their own cookies to collect non-personally identifiable information from you. Advertisers use this information to target the ads and measure their impact.
CIARA's Web log files, Web beacons, and other monitoring technologies to compile anonymous aggregate statistics on CIARA's Web site visitors. Current versions of Web browsers offer enhanced user controls regarding the placement and duration of both first and third party cookies. Search for Cookies under your Web browser's Help menu for more information on cookie management features available to you.
Accessing and Upgrading Information
We need your help in making sure your personal information is correct in our systems. Please notify us of changes to your name, address, title, phone number or e-mail address. Most of our sites allow you to make these updates yourself via the program's member profile pages.
Subscriptions to some newsletters can be managed through the CIARA Online Subscriptions website. In addition, each e-mail newsletter has instructions on how to unsubscribe.
All updates to this policy will be posted here. Last update: March, 2004
Need Help with an Update, Access, or Unsubscribe Request?
Please contact us at Support@ciara-tech.com. To aid in processing your request, please include the following details:
• Contact information (your name, address, e-mail address, etc.)
• Name of the program where you want the update applied
• Details of the request (e.g. change of e-mail address, unsubscribe from a newsletter, review of personal information, etc.)
Note: This policy also covers the personal information you provide to CIARA Customer Support.