The Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family
- Optimal Workload Performance Meets Intelligent Orchestration for Your Software-Defined Data Center
The powerful new Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family offers unparalleled versatility across diverse workloads. These processors are designed for architecting next-generation, software-defined data centers supercharged for efficiency, performance, and agile services delivery across cloud-native and traditional applications.
- Enhanced Performance and Energy Efficiency
- Broadwell is built on Intel’s industry-leading 14nm second-generation Tri-Gate transistor technology.
- As compared to a previous generation Intel® Xeon® processor-based server:
- • Higher core counts and higher memory bandwidth
- • Up to 22 cores / 44 threads per socket
- • Up to 55 MB Last Level Cache per socket
- • Up to 4 channels DDR4 memory technology
- • Up to 3 TB per socket (with support for 3DS LRDIMM) in 2S configuration
- • Up to 2400 megatransfers per second (MT/s) DDR4 memory speed
The Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family is the right architectural foundation for software-defined enterprise data centers optimized for cloud deployments that require increased scalability, automation, and orchestration capabilities across compute, storage, and network workloads. Built-in features provide preferential allocation of resources based on priority workloads for better utilization overall and enabling greater performance across cloud-native and traditional applications while maintaining service level agreements (SLAs).
The Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family delivers the high performance, increased memory, and I/O bandwidth required for intelligent and complex storage systems. With platform storage extensions integrated into the Intel Xeon processors, storage OEMs can provide increased data protection and high availability, while reducing overall system cost by eliminating the need for discrete components to enable specific capabilities.